My Family Lounge App

How do I create a casual booking via the app?

1. Go to the my family lounge app

2. Click on get started

3. Click on sessions

4. Click on session you want Before School Care, After School Care or Vacation Care

5. Click on the date in the calendar you require

6. Read terms and conditions then below click Create booking

How do I  mark my child absent via the app?

1. Go to the my family lounge app

2. Click on get started

3. Click on casual sessions

4. Click on session you want Before School Care, After School Care or Vacation Care

5. Click on the date in the calendar you require

6. Read terms and conditions then below click Absent.

Note: All absentees must be marked no later than 3:00pm on the day of the booking, and can be marked up to two weeks in advance.

How to update your direct debit details?

1. Go to the My Family Lounge app

2. Enter your details and log in

3. Select “Payment Details”

4. Select “Edit”

5. You will be redirected to the Debitsuccess secure processing landing page

6. Enter Updated Details for bank account or credit card

7. Click “Add details”

8. View Debitsuccess Notification for Updated Payment Details

  • All payment information will display as encrypted with 'XXXX' for data security

9. You will be redirected back to the My Family Lounge App

10. View MFL Account notification for Updated Payment Details

My Family Lounge Website

How do I enrol with Wilston Kids Care?

1. Go to our website (http://www.wilstonpandc.org.au/wilston-kids-care)

2. Click on My Family Lounge button

3. Existing Families sign into your My Family Lounge account (do not click register).  

    New families register for My Family Lounge

5. Complete your Enrolment Form

4. Print, sign and return your enrolment form to WKC prior to start date

5. Complete and return Debit Success form found on our website

6. Make yourself familiar with the WKC Family Handbook found on our website

7. Download My Family Lounge App to your mobile phone

8. As a part of our enrolment process you will need to attend an orientation before your child can be booked in. Please book your orientation here

How do I create casual a booking via the website

1. Go to Wilston P & C website - http://www.wilstonpandc.org.au/wilston-kids-care

2. Click on My Family Lounge and sign in

3. Click on “add casual booking” in the causal booking section of your dashboard

4. Select the session you want: BSC, ASC, VAC

4. Read the terms and conditions

6. Click book selected day

6. Click save and exit

How do I  add authorised contacts?

1. Go to Wilston P & C website - http://www.wilstonpandc.org.au/

2. Click on Wilston Kids Care

3. Click on My Family Lounge

4. In the Parent Sign in section, log in

5. Under the contacts section click “add contact”

6. Fill out the required boxes and click save

7. Once the contact has been added click on edit next to your child/ren’s name and select what they are authorised for (e.g. collection, medical, etc)

8. Remind the contact to bring photo identification when collecting your child/ren from Wilston Kids Care.

For further information, please refer below to the pick up of my child section.

How do I  remove an authorised contact?

To remove a contact that is no longer authorised to collect your child/ren, we require this in writing. Please email wkc.admin@wilstonpandc.org.au and we will remove this contact on your behalf. 

How do I change permanent bookings?


1. Go to Wilston P & C website - http://www.wilstonpandc.org.au/

2. Click on Wilston Kids Care

3. Click on My Family Lounge

4. In the Parent Sign in section, log in

5. In the current bookings section, click edit on the booking you would like to change

6. Select the preferred start date

7. Select the days you would like to be booked in for (if you wish to remove permanent day, deselect the days you no longer need)

8. WKC will send you an offer if a place is available on the days you request

9. Once you receive an offer you will need to log back in and accept it


How do I add a new permanent bookings if I do not already have a permanent booking?


1. Go to Wilston P & C website - http://www.wilstonpandc.org.au/

2. Click on Wilston Kids Care

3. Click on My Family Lounge

4. In the Parent Sign in section, log in

5. Click on New Request in the “Booking Requests” section

6. Select the service type (BSC or ASC), centre, start date and number of days

7. Select the days you require

8. Click save

9. WKC will send you an offer if a place is available on the days you request

10. Once you receive an offer you will need to log back in and accept it

What do I do if I have forgotten my password? 

1. Go to Wilston P & C website - http://www.wilstonpandc.org.au/

2. Click on Wilston Kids Care

3. Click on My Family Lounge

4. In the Parent Sign in section, add your email address

5. Leave the password section blank

6. Click on the sign – in button. DO NOT click on the register button as you are already registered

7. Click on Forgotten password. This will generate an email to reactivate your account. Please follow the instructions in this email as you do not want to re-register and duplicate your account.

Booking Management 

How do I cancel a permanent booking?

If you need to cancel a permanent booking, please email wkc.admin@wilstonpandc.org.au. Cancellation of bookings for before and/or after school care must be made in writing 7 days prior to the session starting. Our Administration team will process this request and submit a cessation of care though our software provider QikKids. This will notify the Federal Government to the change of care arrangements. Please see "What is Cessation of Care" section below to understand CCS implications for not attending during your notice period.

What is cessation of care?

As outlined by Federal Government guidelines, “a child care service is taken to have permanently ceased providing care for a child on the day the child last physically attends a session of care. This means that Child Care Subsidy will not be paid for absences submitted after a child last physically attends a session of care.

If a family has confirmed their child's last day at a service, but that child does not attend their last booked sessions of care, no Child Care Subsidy will be paid for any days after the child's last physical attendance at the service”.

When will I go off the Waitlist and get a permanent position?

When a position becomes available.  We currently have a license for 229 children for Before School Care and 260 children for After School Care and Vacation Care. Families manage their booking requests, including waitlisted positions via the My Family Lounge website. Our office team will communicate to families through My Family Lounge when a position becomes available and a formal offer is made.

​Why do I need priority of access? What is it?

The guidelines only apply to approved child care services and must be used when there is a waiting list for a service and a number of parents are applying for a limited number of vacant places, or if the service is full and a Priority 1 or 2 child requires child care.


For more information on this please refer to:



How do I pay my account?

All accounts payments are via our Debit Success direct debit system which is fully automated.  All accounts are required to be paid via a weekly or fortnightly payment cycle and must be up-to-date each week.  

What is Child Care Subsidy?

From 2 July 2018, the new Child Care Subsidy will replace the two current child care rebate payments. This transition cannot happen automatically. To transition, you will need to complete an online Child Care Subsidy assessment using your Centrelink online account through MyGov.

The New Childcare Subsidy Package includes a new Child Care Subsidy, which replaces the current Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate. The Child Care Subsidy will be paid directly to services. There are also changes to the annual cap which will make child care more affordable for most families.

Three things will determine a family’s level of Child Care Subsidy:

  • A family’s annual adjusted taxable income will determine the percentage of subsidy they are eligible for;

  • An activity test will determine how many hours of subsidised care families can access, up to a maximum of 100 per fortnight; and

  • The type of child care service will determine the hourly rate cap.


Some basic requirements must be satisfied for an individual to be eligible to receive Child Care Subsidy for a child. These include:

  • the age of the child (must be 13 or under and not attending secondary school);

  • the child meeting immunisation requirements;

  • the individual, or their partner, meeting the residency requirements.


More information about individual subsidy rates and annual cap changes is available in the New Child Care Package brochure.



Learn more about the new subsidy and how to transition.



Pick up of my child

What do I need to do to authorise someone else to pick up my child?

In early 2018 we moved to a QikKids Digital Kiosk fully automated system for signing in and out of your child. 

When arranging and authorised person to collect your child on behalf of a parent we require this in writing to meet the obligation under the National Law and Regulations (Regulation 99).  All authorisation’s must be updated by the parent in My Family Lounge and will be kept in your child enrolment folder for our records. 

If they are picking the child up for the first time, please contact the Service and advise the office team the name of the person picking up your child. They must be an authorised contact in your My Family Lounge account. Once they attend the Service they will be required to report to the Wilston Kids Care office to present their ID for verification against the enrolment records.

​Why do I need to show ID when picking my child up?

As we operate a large Service we have many staff employed. It is important to show your ID upon request if Educators, office staff or the Service Manager (Nominated Supervisor) has not met you before. This way we can verify your details against your child’s enrolment information and ensure a smooth pick up of your child.

How old do you have to be to pick up a child?

Only person’s over the age of 18 years are permitted to pick up children from the Service.  All person’s picking up the child must be either the parent or authorised person, authorised by the parent and documented on the child’s enrolment form.

What to do if my child is absent from the Service

For all absent days from the Service families are required to notify us via the My Family Lounge app if their child is away from school for the day and/or they don’t require Before and After School Care.  This ensures we account for every child and ensure they are safe.  

Safety of children is paramount to what we do.  Failure to report children who are away at our Service will lead to us enact our Missing Child protocols and where necessary contact PoliceLink. This may result in an additional service charge. Continued failure to report children away may result in the review of the enrolment.

​Extra-Curricular School Activities

How frequently do I have to submit activity Permission Form?

​A Permission Form is required for each school based extracurricular activities that a child attends. The expiry date for each Permission Form is elected by the parent, but can go no longer than the current year. This online form must be filled out and submitted prior to the child attending their activity. Without parental written permission as required under the National Law and Regulations, the child is unable to attend the activity.  


Find the online form here.

Curriculum Framework and our Educational Program

In school age education and care services, the Educational Program supports learning through play and leisure. Based on the nationally approved learning framework, My Time, Our Place: Framework for School Age Care (MTOP), the Educational Program ‘includes all the spontaneous and planned experiences for children at the service designed to support wellbeing and facilitate learning. It includes all the interactions, experiences, routines and events.


Services are required to ensure the Educational Program: 


  • is based on the approved learning framework and delivered in accordance with the framework 

  • is based on the developmental needs, interests and experiences of each child 

  • is designed to take into account individual differences of each child

  • contributes to the five learning outcomes for each child.


What should be considered in developing documentation? In preparing documentation, consider: 


  • the period of time children are being educated and cared for by the service 

  • how the documentation will be used by educators at the service •whether the documentation is readily understandable by educators and families.


Involving children in documentation School age care services should have processes to enable children to influence the Program in response to their own strengths, ideas, abilities and interests, and be able to show how this occurs.  The service should also demonstrate an effective process for ensuring each child's participation and engagement in the Program. This may be demonstrated by Educators engaging in critical conversations with children and documenting the actions taken as a result of these conversations. 


Ensuring ‘each child’ is included in the Program doesn’t necessarily mean a large volume of written documentation. The focus is on ensuring the service is inclusive of all children. For example, the service may have noted that a large number of children are interested in a project and this is reflected in the Program. 


The Program should also reflect how the wellbeing, development and learning of a child that is not interested in the project has been planned for. When Educators support each child’s interests, learning and developmental needs, they can effectively communicate their understandings of the child and include them within the educational program


For more information on this please refer to:



How can I see what my child is doing?

We have an online portal called OneChild, where parents can view their children's activities and learning experiences they have participated in. If you do not have login details, please contact the our Educational Leaders (programming team) at: wkc.programming@wilstonpandc.org.au

​Where can I find the Educational Program?

The Educational Program can be located on display and accessible for our families on our Parent Information Wall and on our home page here.


​Benefit and Risk Assessments - Where can I find Risk Assessments?

Benefits and risk assessments are undertaken for all excursions or activities to recognise potential hazard or risks. We use benefit and risk assessment to help manage both health and safety and children’s welfare. These documents can be located in our Parent Information Area on the stage.

​How can I give feedback or make suggestions?

Feedback - Educational Program

If you have feedback relating to the Educational Program and you would like to provide input into the Curriculum decision making opportunities, so we can use to further plan for your child, we would love to hear from you, either verbally or via email at: educationalleader@wilstonpandc.org.au.  This feedback will go directly to the Educational Leader to review and process.

Feedback – Services Operations 

We value and appreciate feedback into the services’ operations especially in the areas of:

  • Centre Policies and Procedures;

  • The Services Quality Improvement Plan;

  • The Centre Philosophy;

  • Pedagogical (Educator) professional practice;

  • Customer service and service delivery.

Families are encouraged to be part of the self-assessment process and provide us valuable feedback we can use to continuously improve our Service. We then keep everyone informed about how the service is progressing in working towards achieving the identified goals.

Wilston Kids Care communicates with families in various ways, such as:

  • Newsletters;

  • Emails;

  • Parent notices and letters;

  • Feedback and Suggestion Boxes;

  • Surveys;

  • Displaying our current QIP in the foyer.

It is important that you give feedback good or bad, so the service can reflect on this feedback and determine strategies around continuous improvement and how this will occur by goal setting and collaboration to improve the standard of our Outside Hours School Care Service.

Vacation Care

When can my child begin at Vacation Care?

Your child can begin to attend Vacation Care on the year they enter Prep from the 1st January of theta calendar year.


We cater for children Prep up to Year 6. Once a child has completed year 6, and is no longer enrolled in primary school, they are unable to attend Outside School Hours Care.

What can my children wear to Vacation Care?

Sun safe clothing including a board brimmed hat that provides them full coverage and sun protection. Caps are not accepted. Children are to wear enclosed shoes to Wilston Kids Care to ensure their safety. 

Please refer to the Vacation Care program and information available here. Vacation Care booking forms each holiday period.

What food do I need to provide for Vacation Care?

Morning Tea and Afternoon Tea.  The Service provides children with breakfast, if attending the Service before 8am and progressive lunch for all children from 12pm to 1pm.


Medical Information

Do you need my child’s Medical Action Plan?

​If your child has a diagnosed medical condition they must provide us with (prior to attending):


  • A copy of the medical Action Plan prepared and signed by their GP (if there is one in place);

  • Any reports or information about their medical condition.


Once we are notified of a child who has a Medical Action Plan, the family must fill out a Risk Minimisation and Communication Plan that details important information we must know to be able to support your child’s health and wellbeing.  The Risk Minimisation and Communication Plan is a Regulatory requirement and a required document under the National Law and Regulations.

My child is sick, how long should they be excluded from your care?

​The aim of exclusion is to reduce the spread of infectious disease. The less contact there is between people who have an infectious disease and people who are at risk of catching the disease, the less chance the disease has of spreading. 


Excluding ill children, educators and other staff is an effective way to limit the spread of infection in education and care services.


For more information on this please refer to:





My child is absent, who do I need to contact?

For all absent days from the Service families are required to notify us via the My Family Lounge app if their child is away from school for the day and they don’t require before and after school care.  This ensures we account for every child and ensure they are safe.  

If your child is absent for Before School Care and you have not marked it on My Family Lounge app by 6am, the day of the booking please contact the service via email. Please ensure all After School Care absentees are marked via the app before 3pm on the day of the booking. If you fail to inform WKC of an absence an administration fee of $25.00 per child per absence may be charged.

For more information on this please refer to the Family Handbook


Healthy Food Choices - Is the food you serve healthy?

In relation to Menus we promote healthy eating principles and apply rules developed by QCAN (Queensland Children’s Activity Network) particularly emphasising menu choice, variety and the development of healthy eating patterns. 

Each child is actively encouraged in their selection of vegetables, salads and fruit as per the Australian Dietary Guidelines: Recommended daily intakes for school aged children.

For more information on this please refer to:


The Service

Wilston Kids Care is managed day to day by the Coordinator of Operations who is supported by a General Manager, who provides expert advice, management and leadership around the strategic operational governance (including compliance) of the Wilston Kids Care Service.

The General Manager and the Wilston P&C operates in close consultation with Wilston State School. Wilston Kids Care has initiated several key initiatives to create a collaborative within the shared environment.

Wilston Kids Care has initiated procedures to align their policies with the Wilston State School to provide a consistent environment for children attending both services.

Who governs and provides over-arching leadership to Wilston Kids Care?

The General Manager manages the Operational, Financial, Human Resources and Compliance for the business and works directly with the Approved Provider (P&C Executives) to oversee the Service. The General Manager is also a Nominated Supervisor under the National Law and Regulations that has day to day management control of the Service.

The General Manager is also a Nominated Supervisor under the National Law and Regulations that has day to day management control of the Service.


To contact the General Manager please email: wkc.generalmanager@wilstonpandc.org.au


What is outside school hours care?

Outside school hours care (OSHC) services are usually located at or close to primary schools, providing care for primary school age children outside school hours and during school vacations. Education and care is also often provided on student free days.

Where are you located?

The main office of Wilston Kids Care is located on the grounds of Wilston State School next to the undercover play area. Wilston Kids Care also operates from B Block both mornings and afternoons with activities occurring throughout many areas of Wilston State School.

​Operational hours of Wilston Kids Care

  • Before School Care 6:30am to 8:30am

  • After School Care 3:00pm to 6:00pm

  • Vacation Care 6:30am to 6:00pm

  • Pupil Free Days 6:30am to 6:00pm

We do not operate on weekends or public holidays.

Fees and Charges

Before School Care:
  • Preps Permanent- $18.00 per session

  • Preps Casual - $19.50 per session

  • Grades 1 to 6 Permanent- $15.50 per session

  • Grades 1 to 6 Casual - $17.50

After School Care:
  • Preps Permanent - $22.50 per session

  • Preps Casual - $26.00 per session

  • Grades 1 to 6 Permanent- $22.50 per session

  • Grades 1 to 6 Casual - $24.50

Vacation Care:
  • Full Day - $52.50 per session (not inc. extra special event or excursion costs)

Penalty Fees:
  • Failure to inform attendance: Double the casual booked rate

  • Failure to inform absence: $25.00 per child

  • Late pickup: $15.00 for every 15 minutes past 6:00pm

  • Accounting: Administration fee of $25.00 will be applied for 30 days overdue accounts and Debit Success dishonour payments.

Method of Payment

An invoice will be issued weekly in advance and the preferred method of payment is via Direct Debit via Debit Success. 



The government, via Centrelink, provides assistance for parents with children in care. The system allows for CCS (Child Care Subsidy) based on an income assessment, and an activity test. For a full explanation, please read the flyer (link below) or contact any Centrelink office. phone136150


Please note that the CCS requires a primary carer to be identified with Centrelink and, for the Wilston Kids Care system to interact for benefits, the same carer must be identified as the Guardian/Parent on the enrolment form.

Should you have any difficulty with CCS do not hesitate to contact our office for assistance.