Frequently Asked Questions


How do I enrol with Wilston Kids Care?

Wilston Kids Care are currently only taking enrolments for 2021. If you would like information on how to complete your online enrolment and onrientation please click here. Enrolments for 2022 will open in September 2021. If you would like to register your interest for 2022 enrolments please click here. This will ensure you recieve all information regarding 2022 enrolments. For further information please don't hesitate to reach out to a member of our Admin team on

When will I go off the Waitlist and get a permanent position?

When a position becomes available. We currently have a license for 229 children for Before School Care and 260 children for After School Care and Vacation Care. Our office team will communicate to families when a position becomes available and a formal offer is made.

Sign in and Out

How do I add Hub Guests to sign my child in or out?

  1. Open the Home App
  2. Click “Account”
  3. Click the “Hub Guests” menu item
  4. Click the ‘+’ icon in the top right corner of the page
  5. Enter Hub Guest name and email and click “Send Invite”
    • If the Hub Guest already has an Xplor account the email adress must be different to their main Xplor account. If the email adress is outlook or gmail you can add +1 before the @ symbol to create an "allius" for their standard email for this user
    • The hub guest will now have 24 hours to set up their password
Hub Guest Steps
  1. Hub Guest will receive an email to create password (may be marked as junk or spam)
  2. Hub Guest should create an Xplor ID by logging in to
    • If you have used the +1 in their email, make sure they are logging in with the +1 email address.
  3. Hub Guest must select “Merge Profiles”. Follow the prompts from there!
Please note, Hub Guests do not have access to the Xplor Home app. They will sign your children in/out via the iPads at the Service.

How do I remove a Hub Guest or Emergency contact from my account?

To remove a contact that is no longer authorised to collect your child/ren, we require this in writing. Please email and we will remove this contact on your behalf.

Why do I need to authorise someone else to pick up my child?

When arranging and authorised person to collect your child on behalf of a parent we require this in writing to meet the obligation under the National Law and Regulations (Regulation 99). All authorisation’s must be updated by the parent in the Xplor Home app.

If they are picking the child up for the first time, please contact the Service and advise the office team the name of the person picking up your child. They must be a Hub Guest in your Home app and have set up their passwrod before collecting ro dropping off your child. Once they attend the Service they will be required to report to the Wilston Kids Care office to present their ID for verification against the enrolment records.

As the Hub record (roll) is a legal document, children under the age of 18 must not use the Hub (iPad) at any time. You must also never give your phone number and PIN/email and password to any other person as these are a way to identify you under the Family Assistance Law. It is a very quick process for you to set up a Hub Guest through your app, please see the "How do I add Hub Guests to sign my child in or out" FAQ for further instructions.

Booking Management

How do I mark my child absent via the Xplor Home app?

  1. Open the Xplor Home app (no longer My Family Lounge)

  2. Click on bookings at the bottom of the screen

  3. Select the date you need to mark absent

  4. Click the '(+) New' button at the top right

  5. Select 'absence'

  6. Select the start and end date over which the absence will apply

  7. Please add to the comment section if this is regarding Before School Care (BSC), After School Care (ASC), or both.

  8. Click 'Request' to send the absentee

Note: All absentees must be marked via the app no later than 2:45pm on the day of the booking.

For all absent days from the Service families are required to notify us via the Xplor Home app if their child is away from school for the day and/or they don’t require Before and After School Care. This ensures we account for every child and ensure they are safe.

Safety of children is paramount to what we do. Failure to report children who are away at our Service will lead to us enact our Missing Child protocols and where necessary contact PoliceLink. This may result in an additional service charge. Continued failure to report children away may result in the review of the enrolment.

How do I create a casual booking via the Xplor Home app?

  1. Open the Xplor Home app (no longer My Family Lounge)

  2. Click on bookings at the bottom of the screen

  3. Select the date you need to book

  4. Click the '(+) New' button at the top right

  5. Select 'Booking' in the pop up

  6. Select the session you wish to book

    • Note: For multiple bookings, repeat the process above until all the sessions are selected

  7. Once selected, click the pram icon in the top right hand corner to move to the summary screen

  8. The summary screen will display the name of the child, the sessions being booked at their price, time and room. If these are incorrect, click the back arrow to correct selections. Once happy with the selections, click 'Request'

  9. If the sessions have been booked successfully, the next screen will show a 'confirmed' status for the booking.

What is cessation of care?

As outlined by Federal Government guidelines, “a child care service is taken to have permanently ceased providing care for a child on the day the child last physically attends a session of care. This means that Child Care Subsidy will not be paid for absences submitted after a child last physically attends a session of care.

If a family has confirmed their child's last day at a service, but that child does not attend their last booked sessions of care, no Child Care Subsidy will be paid for any days after the child's last physical attendance at the service”.

How do I cancel a permanent booking?

To cancel a permanent booking you will need to email Wilston Kids Care ( with seven days notice. Please note, due to Centrelink's Cessation of Care guidelines it is best that your child attends on their last booking. For more information on Cessation of Care please see "What is Cessation of Care"

How do I cancel a Casual or Vacation Care booking

To cancel a Casual or Vacation Care bookings you will need to email Wilston Kids Care ( within the appropriate time frames listed below. Cancelling a casual Before or After School Care booking:

  • Please email with a minimum of 24 hours notice if you would like to cance a casual BSC or ASC booking. If you do not provide the adequate notice you will be charged for your booking and will need to mark your child as absent via the Xplor Home app.
Cancelling a Vacation Care booking:
  • Please email with a minimum of 7 days notice if you would like to cance a casual booking. If you do not provide the adequate notice you will be charged for your booking and will need to mark your child as absent via the Xplor Home app.

Account Management

How do I update my direct debit details?

If you need to update your payment details this can be done by the Primary Carer (i.e. Account holder, parent who is linked to your Child Care Subsidy) on Home Web by following the instructions linked below.

How do I pay my account?

All accounts payments are via our Debit Success direct debit system which is fully automated. All accounts are required to be paid via a weekly or fortnightly payment cycle and must be up to date each week. Your direct debit details are completed on enrolment through Xplore Home web or app.

Please see "How do I update My Direct Debit?" for instructions on updating you direct debit details.

If you fall behind on payments or would like to make an additional AdHoc payment the Primary Guardian can do so by using the Pay Now feature on the Xplor Home app. by following the instructions below.

  1. Open your Xplor Home app

  2. Open the account tab (bottom right-hand corner)

  3. Tap "Finance"

  4. Tap "Pay Now"

  5. Enter the amount you would like to pay (you may place your account into credit)

  6. Tap the paper airplane symbol to submit this value

  7. Enter your card details and tap "Next>"

  8. Review the details you have submitted

    • Tap "

    • Tap "Pay Now>" to confirm

  9. Tap "Continue" to submit your payment.

What is Child Care Subsidy?

From 2 July 2018, the new Child Care Subsidy will replace the two current child care rebate payments. This transition cannot happen automatically. To transition, you will need to complete an online Child Care Subsidy assessment using your Centrelink online account through MyGov.

The New Childcare Subsidy Package includes a new Child Care Subsidy, which replaces the current Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate. The Child Care Subsidy will be paid directly to services. There are also changes to the annual cap which will make child care more affordable for most families.

Three things will determine a family’s level of Child Care Subsidy:

  • A family’s annual adjusted taxable income will determine the percentage of subsidy they are eligible for;
  • An activity test will determine how many hours of subsidised care families can access, up to a maximum of 100 per fortnight; and
  • The type of child care service will determine the hourly rate cap.

Some basic requirements must be satisfied for an individual to be eligible to receive Child Care Subsidy for a child. These include:

  • the age of the child (must be 13 or under and not attending secondary school);
  • the child meeting immunisation requirements;
  • the individual, or their partner, meeting the residency requirements.

More information about individual subsidy rates and annual cap changes is available in the New Child Care Package brochure.

Learn more about the new subsidy and how to transition.

How do I read my statement?

Please click here to be redirected to a guide on how to read your weekly Statement.

Extra-Curricular School Activities

What activities require permission forms?

All Wilston State School based extra-curricular activities that run out of school hours. For example, swimming, jujitsu, tennis, coding, drama and many more. Activities that are run by Wilston Kids Care do not require an Activity Permission Form.

Why do I need to complete the form and not just tell you in person?

Under the National Law and Regulations to which our Service is governed, all children attending an excursion, or an extra-curricular activity must have a Permission Form giving written consent that they can participate. This is a rule to ensure safety and account for children leaving the Wilston Kids Care premises or moving to another location. Without parental written permission as required under the National Law and Regulations, the child is unable to attend the activity.

How do I complete the Activity permission form?

The activity permission form is an electronic form that can be found on our website in the forms section. Please click here to be redirected to the form. This form is different from the Vacation Care activity permission forms.

What end date do I use?

If your child’s activity is only running for several weeks, for example when external vendors such as Qld Reds Rugby attend, you would document the start date your child is eligible to participate, and the end date to which your child finishes the activity. If your child is participating in a permanent yearly activity such as tennis, you can put the start date as their first day of attendance, and the end date as the end of Term 4 2020. This way, the activity form stays in place all year, and only needs to be amended if there are any changes.

How often do I need to complete the form?

The forms need to be completed each calendar year preferably before Term 1 starts and whenever there are any changes to their activity. For example, your child moves up a class in swimming therefore their lesson times change.

Can I put all children on the one forms?

No. We do require an individual form for each child. However, we have made these forms as quick and easy to use as possible whilst still within the parameters of our regulatory requirements.

How do I cancel an activity?

To advise Wilston Kids Care that your child is no longer attending an extra-curricular activity, all you need to do is send an email to the Admin team on Please me mindful this does not advise the external vendors of the change. For example, to cancel a swimming lesson, you will need to contact Wilston Crocs and Wilston Kids Care.

Vacation Care

When can my child begin at Vacation Care?

Your child can begin to attend Vacation Care on the year they enter Prep from the 1 January of the calendar year. Please note, all new enrolments to Wilston Kids Care must attend an orientation session prior to their first booking.

What can my children wear to Vacation Care?

Sun safe clothing (e.g. shirts, or dresses with sleves) including a board brimmed hat that provides your child with full coverage and sun protection. Caps are not accepted. Children are to wear enclosed shoes to Wilston Kids Care to ensure their safety when climbing and participating in the Educational Program.

Wilston Kids Care recommends that you pack a spare change of clothes as children get actively involved in the Edcational Program.

What food do I need to provide for Vacation Care?

Morning Tea and Afternoon Tea. Wilston Kids Care recommends you pack more food than during term time as they participate rigorously in the Educatioal Program.

The Service provides children with breakfast, if attending the Service before 7:45am and progressive lunch for all children from 12pm to 1pm. To view our Vacation Care Menu please click here.

Wilston Kids Care conducts a meal time head count three times a day (morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea) to ensure all children are given the opportunity to eat their meal.

When is the Vacation Care Program released

The Vacation Care Program and bookings are released approximately three weeks before the holiday period. Wilston Kids Care will email all families and post on our Facebook page on the release date to inform families that the Program and bookings are live.

Curriculum Framework and our Educational Program

How is Wilston Kids Care's Educational Program planned and implemented?

In school age care setting, the Educational Program supports learning through a Leisure Play Based Curriculum Framework- My Time Our Place.

The Educational Program ‘includes all interest based, spontaneous and planned experiences for children at the service designed to support thier wellbeing and facilitate learning opportunities.

Services are required to ensure the Educational Program:

  • is based on the approved learning framework and delivered in accordance with the curriculum framework- My Time Our Place
  • is based on the developmental needs, interests and experiences of each child
  • is designed to take into account individual differences and needs of each child
  • connects to the five learning outcomes for each child.
For more information regarding our Educational Program please refer to our Family Handbook.

What should be considered in developing Educational documentation?

What to document and why?

Observing and documenting for all the children in the school age setting allows us to gradually build up a comprehensive picture of each child’s interests, strengths and relationships, as well as an insight into areas they may be avoiding or skills they need help to develop. It will give us a clearer picture of the social interactions, creative ideas and the concerns of the children participating in our Educational Program. It will take some time and a concerted team effort to gather documentation on all the children in our care across the week. Children who attend sporadically on a casual basis are much harder to capture documentation for.

Educators are keen observers.

Educators notice not only what children are doing, but also what and how they are playing and what they are saying during play. This puts them in a strong position to develop an Educational Program based on their observations.

An Emergent Curriculum is one which:

·is child initiated, but framed by an educator;

·collaborative between child and adult;

· builds on existing interests;

·allows children to create, extend themselves and discover more;

·is flexible, constantly developing and not done well in advance;

·uses various forms of documentation.

Documentation serves different purposes at different times.

The criteria for what counts as quality documentation depends on the context in which it is being used. What seems to remain constant is that quality documentation focuses on some aspect of learning, not just ‘what we did.’ It prompts questions and promotes conversations among children and adults that deepen and extend learning.

There are good reasons to document observations in the school age care setting:

·to inform program planning;

·to deepen our understanding of the children;

·to make learning visible and share it with others.

Observing to inform program planning

Documentation makes children’s and educators’ thinking visible. It allows children and educators to revisit it, reflect, uncover meaning and plan future directions.

In an emergent approach the links to the Curriculum framework are:

·children’s interests such as discovering birds making a nest;

·educators’ interests such as artworks;

·developmental tasks; emergent curriculum is responsive to children’s development and learning;

·things in the physical environment, including manufactured and natural resources;

·people in the social environment, including staff, families and community members;

·curriculum resource materials that can be adapted.

Making learning visible and sharing it with others

Educators may make some documentation visible to showcase the learning which has occurred and to find ways to connect with others. When we document a child’s learning story, we give the child a voice and have a valuable tool for opening a meaningful discussion with that child’s family. It is also a means to engage with other educators, such as teachers in the child’s school. Children also love to go back and reflect on documented moments. There are numerous ways to document for others to see.

Wall displays

Documenting and displaying the children’s project work allows them to express, revisit, and construct and reconstruct their feelings, ideas and understandings. Pictures of children engaged in experiences; their words as they discuss what they are doing, feeling and thinking; and the children’s interpretation of experience through the visual media are displayed as a graphic presentation of the dynamics of learning.

Documented wall displays or ‘panels’ is a Reggio Emilia concept which aims to place emphasis on the process, not just the end product. Making images of learning visible and being together in a group is a way to foster group identity and learning. This type of documentation promotes conversation or deepens understanding about one or more aspects of a learning experience. It can serve as a memory experience, allowing children and adults to reflect on, evaluate, and build on their previous ideas. Sharing documentation with learners can take many forms: a photocopied sheet of paper, words, scrapbook pages, or a carefully arranged panel.

Learning stories

A learning story is an alternative to other forms of observations. In learning stories, educators capture significant moments throughout the day with photos and then tell the story of the child’s learning. In the school age care setting children can set the scene by telling their own story, to which educators can make links regarding the learning. Linking learning to the outcomes in My Time Our Place (Curriculum Framework) is a great way to become familiar with the Framework and making the learning visible.

Children’s voice

The Curriculum Framework encourages educators to create a culture of listening to and working collaboratively with children. There is a strong synergy between children’s being and belonging and children’s active involvement by being part of a democratic process, and having an impact on what the environment, programs and partnerships look, sound and feel like. The information we gather from children is integral to the development of an Educational Program that meets their needs and interests.

A range of ways can be used to gather and document children’s voices in school age care settings including:

·All about me’ sheets, where children and families document important information about themselves, such as likes, dislikes, hobbies and such;

·setting time to have informal and formal discussions with children’s;

·children interviewing other children;

·suggestion boxes and surveys;

·recording children’s comments and thoughts about experiences as part of the evaluation process;

·children’s portfolios;

·creating opportunities for joint planning, including setting up of the care environment;

·photographing children and asking them to write about the experience;

·children writing their own learning stories;

·joint problem-solving opportunities.

Careful consideration needs to be given to children who may be non-verbal or have difficulty expressing themselves to ensure their voices are heard in your care setting.

In summary

We Involve school aged children in documentation that enables them to influence the Educational Program in response to their own strengths, ideas, abilities and interests, and be able to show how this occurs. At Wilston Kids Care, we have an effective process for ensuring each child's participation and engagement in our Educational Program. This may be demonstrated by Educators engaging in critical conversations with children and documenting the actions taken as a result of these conversations.

Ensuring ‘each child’ is included in our Educational Program doesn’t necessarily mean a large volume of written documentation. The focus is on ensuring that our Service is inclusive of all children. For example, it may have been noted that many children are interested in a project and this is reflected in the Educational Program. When Educators support each child’s interests, learning and developmental needs, they can effectively communicate their understandings of the child and include them within the Educational Program

How can I see what my child is doing Wilston Kids Care?

At Wilston Kids Care we use a digital documentation platform called Xplor Playground, that publishes directly to your Xplor Home app. Our Educators document your child’s learning progress through learning stories (observations) and photographs that capture those micro moments through the lens of a Leisure Play Based Curriculum Framework. You can view your child’s learning progress at any time through photographs and learning stories that are published to your Xplor Home app. The observations capture important learning moments as your child participates in the many activities that occur during Before and After School Care (term time) and Vacation Care (during the holiday period). The Xplor platform allows our Educators to capture your children’s learning experience connecting it to learning outcomes within the My Time Our Place Curriculum Framework. At Wilston Kids Care we want to share these great moments of your child’s learning with you, as they experience it through our Educational Program. You can get involved by making comments (in the comment section) or giving specific feedback to us about your child that we can use to further plan.

Where can I find the Educational Program?

The Educational Program can be located and accessible for our families on our Educational Program display in the stage area and on our home page here.

Where can I find Benefit Risk Analyses undertaken for all activities, excursions and areas?

The benefit risk analyses are undertaken for all excursions, activities, and areas to recognise potential benefits, hazards, and risks. We use benefit risk analyses to help manage both health and safety outcomesfor all children in our care. These documents can be located in our Parent Information Area in the Wilston Kids Care Parent Lounge (office).

Fees and Charges

How much does Before School Care cost?

  • Preps Permanent- $20.00 per session
  • Preps Casual - $21.50 per session
  • Grades 1 to 6 Permanent- $18.00 per session
  • Grades 1 to 6 Casual - $19.50
Please note, all fees are subject to Child Care Subsidy rebate if you are eligible.

How much does After School Care cost?

  • Preps Permanent - $25.50 per session
  • Preps Casual - $28.00 per session
  • Grades 1 to 6 Permanent- $24.50 per session
  • Grades 1 to 6 Casual - $26.50
Please note, all fees are subject to Child Care Subsidy rebate if you are eligible.

How much does Vacation Care cost?

  • Full Day - $55.50 per session (not inc. extra special event or excursion costs)
Please view our Vacation Care Program for day to day costs. Please note, all fees are subject to Child Care Subsidy rebate if you are eligible.

Do you have any additional fees or charges?

  • Failure to inform absence: $25.00 per child after the third reminder
  • Late pickup: Closing time of the Service is 6:00pm. Parents who collect their child/ren after this time will incur a late fee of $1.00 per minute. Our software QikKids charges a late fee from 6:00pm automatically rather than the Administration team charging them manually on the weekly statement.

Are your fees elligible for Child Care Subsidy (previously CCB/CCR)?

The government, via Centrelink, provides assistance for parents with children in care. The system allows for CCS (Child Care Subsidy) based on an income assessment, and an activity test. For a full explanation, please read the flyer (link below) or contact any Centrelink office. Phone 136 150.


Please note that the CCS requires a primary carer to be identified with Centrelink and, for the Wilston Kids Care system to interact for benefits, the same carer must be identified as Parent/Guardian 1 on the enrolment form.

Should you have any difficulty with CCS do not hesitate to contact our office for assistance.

Medical Information

Do you need my child’s Medical Action Plan and Medication?

If your child has a diagnosed medical condition they must provide us with (prior to attending):

  • A copy of the medical Action Plan prepared and signed by their GP (if there is one in place);
  • Any reports or information about their medical condition.

Once we are notified of a child who has a Medical Action Plan, the family must fill out a Risk Minimisation Plan that details important information we must know to be able to support your child’s health and wellbeing. The Risk Minimisation and Communication Plan is a Regulatory requirement and a required document under the National Law and Regulations.

My child is sick, how long should they be excluded from your care?

The aim of exclusion is to reduce the spread of infectious disease. The less contact there is between people who have an infectious disease and people who are at risk of catching the disease, the less chance the disease has of spreading.

Excluding ill children, educators and other staff is an effective way to limit the spread of infection in education and care services.

For more information on this please refer to:


How do I give feedback on the Educational Program

If you have feedback relating to the Educational Program and you would like to provide input into the Curriculum decision making opportunities, so we can use to further plan for your child, we would love to hear from you, either verbally or via email at: This feedback will go directly to the Educational Leader to review and process.

How do I give feedback on Service Operations

We value and appreciate feedback into the services’ operations especially in the areas of:

  • Centre Policies and Procedures;
  • The Services Quality Improvement Plan;
  • The Centre Philosophy;
  • Pedagogical (Educator) professional practice;
  • Customer service and service delivery.

Families are encouraged to be part of the self-assessment process and provide us valuable feedback we can use to continuously improve our Service. We then keep everyone informed about how the service is progressing in working towards achieving the identified goals.

Please speak to a member of the Admin team to be directed to the best person for your feedback.

Other MISC

When is Wilston Kids Care open?

Operational hours of Wilston Kids Care

  • Before School Care 6:30am to 8:30am
  • After School Care 3:00pm to 6:00pm
  • Vacation Care 6:30am to 6:00pm
  • Pupil Free Days 6:30am to 6:00pm

We do not operate on weekends or public holidays. Wilston Kdis Care is also closed for two weeks over the Christmas period.

What is Outside School Hours Care?

Outside school hours care (OSHC) services are usually located at or close to primary schools, providing care for primary school age children outside school hours and during school vacations. Education and care is also often provided on student free days.

Where is Wilston Kids Care located?

The main office of Wilston Kids Care is located on the grounds of Wilston State School next to the undercover play area. Wilston Kids Care also operates from B Block both mornings and afternoons with activities occurring throughout many areas of Wilston State School.

Is the food you serve healthy?

In relation to Menus we promote healthy eating principles and apply rules developed by QCAN (Queensland Children’s Activity Network) particularly emphasising menu choice, variety and the development of healthy eating patterns.

Each child is actively encouraged in their selection of vegetables, salads and fruit as per the Australian Dietary Guidelines: Recommended daily intakes for school aged children.

For more information on this please refer to:

Who governs and provides over-arching leadership to Wilston Kids Care?

Wilston Kids Care is managed day to day by the Coordinator of Operations who is supported by a General Manager, who provides expert advice, management and leadership around the strategic operational governance (including compliance) of the Wilston Kids Care Service.

​The General Manager and the Wilston P&C operates in close consultation with Wilston State School. Wilston Kids Care has initiated several key initiatives to create a collaborative within the shared environment.

​Wilston Kids Care has initiated procedures to align their policies with the Wilston State School to provide a consistent environment for children attending both services.

The General Manager manages the Operational, Financial, Human Resources and Compliance for the business and works directly with the Approved Provider (P&C Executives) to oversee the Service. The General Manager is also a Nominated Supervisor under the National Law and Regulations that has day to day management control of the Service.

The General Manager is also a Nominated Supervisor under the National Law and Regulations that has day to day management control of the Service.

To contact the General Manager please email:

Xplor Login Questions

What do I do if I have forgotten my Xplor Home or Hub Guest password?

For Parent/Gurdians needing to reset their Xplor Home password

Click here to reset your password.

For Hub Guests needing to reset their password

Click here to reset your password.

Please note, you have 2 hours to reset your password from the time you have requested the reset password link. If the 2 hours surpases you will need to complete the process again.

How do I set up my Xplor ID and Access Code?

If you would like to log into the iPad Hubs with your mobile phone number and Access Code, follow the steps below.

  1. Login to your Xplor account using (if you have forgotten your log in details, you can reset your password by following the instructions listed above)

  2. Once successfully logged in, you will see the screen below. Select "Merge profiles & Create Xplor ID" (even if you only have one profile)

  3. Enter in your preferred email address
  4. Check your inbox. You should have received an email with a code. This could also be hiding in your junk or spam folders, so check these, too, if it's not in your inbox.
  5. Enter the Code
  6. Create a password. This can be the same as the password you have used previously.
  7. If you have multiple Xplor Profiles merge them together by clicking " + Merge Profie". If you only have one profle move onto step 8
  8. Click " Finish"
  9. Enter in your preferred mobile number (your primary contact phone number), then click " Next".
  10. Create your access code (PIN code) and click " next"
  11. All done! You may now log in with your mobile number and PIN or this email address and pasword