Vacation Care and
Pupil Free Day
At Wilston Kids Care we believe our Vacation Care program should be like a holiday for your children. We have a variety of activities, excursions and visitors to the Centre to support an engaging and exciting holiday period.
Vacation Care operates between 6.30am and 6.00pm during school holidays and on pupil free days.
Children's interests are the foundation of our program. We focus on building fond memories for children by providing learning experiences through play and discovery. Each vacation care day is unique with its own theme and range of fun activities to keep the kids entertained regardless of age or ability.
To be eligible to use our Vacation Care services, children must be of primary school age. Children from other schools are welcome to attend. Preps may attend Vacation Care from the 1st January of the year they begin school. You will need to be enrolled at Wilston Kids Care to book your child into a Vacation Care day.
As programs and booking forms are finalised, you will be able to access them on this page.
IMPORTANT VACATION CARE REMINDERS
Bookings open: 22nd November 2019
WKC method of payment is Direct Debit via Debit Success. Bookings will not be accepted unless direct debit has been activated.
Morning and afternoon tea is not provided. As it is a long day, please pack extra food/snacks. Some fruit is provided.
Children should bring an alternative lunch should the provided menu not be suitable.
Children must wear closed in shoes. Children are NOT to wear sandals or thongs.
Children must wear a board brimmed hat and are encouraged to wear sun safe clothing. Sunscreen provided by WKC.
Some days have maximum capacity so please book in early.
It is suggested that all children bring a spare set of clothes. Some activities may be extremely messy and we recommend children bring in an old set of clothes as WKC can't guarantee that stains can be removed. All precautions are taken eg. Art smocks, however, some activities we aren’t able to use these (as advised on program).
Wilston Kids Care take no responsibility for any child who brings in their own possessions e.g. electronic devices, money, trading cards, toys or games.
Activities: Please note that smaller fill in activities are subject to availability. We can't guarantee that all children will get to participate or take home all craft/games/activities however there will always be activities on offer to all children.
Please note charges vary depending on the day and activity, they will be applied to your account as per normal WKC processes.
Menu Options Available: GF: Gluten Free DF: Dairy Free VEG: Vegetarian NF: Nut Free
Booking Vacation Care & Pupil Free Days
Vacation Care bookings are available from 22nd November 2019. Please ensure all bookings are made before C.O.B. 13th December 2019.
Please make sure you read all instructions the below to find out how to book vacation care positions via our new system.
We have excursions programmed this Vacation Care. As the children will be leaving the school grounds, a signed permission form is required for the children to participate. Please complete the online permission form, above, prior to C.O.B 13 December 2019.
Any requests to cancel bookings require 7 days written notice, as we are required to confirm numbers with vendors and assist with staffing arrangements. To request a cancellation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If your child is absent during the vacation care period, the same absent policy as term time applies. You will need to mark your child absent via the My Family Lounge app on your phone. This is available to download via your app store. Please refer to admin staff before the Vacation Care period if you do not know how to do this and we will assist you. Please remember, you are not able to view the My Family Lounge website on your phone, and the website does not allow you to mark as absent.
How to book a Vacation Care or Pupil Free day on the My Family Lounge app.
1. Go to the My Family Lounge app
2. Click on get started
3. Click on casual bookings
4. Click on session (Vacation Care or Pupil Free Day) and child you want book in
5. Click on the date in the calendar you require
6. Read terms and conditions then below click Create booking
7. Repeat steps 5 & 6 for each day required
8. Repeat steps 4-7 for each child you want to book in
9. To check you bookings you can view the casual booking calendar. Any day with a purple line at the bottom of the square is booked and confirmed. Any day that has a green line at the bottom square is available but not booked. Any day with a red line at the bottom of the square is at capacity and cannot be booked at this time. If a booking is cancelled on a full capacity day, this place will then become available and the line will turn back to green.
How to book a Vacation Care or Pupil Free place on the My Family Lounge Website
1. Go to Wilston P & C website - http://www.wilstonpandc.org.au/
2. Click on Wilston Kids Care
3. Click on My Family Lounge
4. In the Parent Sign in section, Sign in
5. Click on the + button in the Casual Bookings section
6. Select the Child, Service (Wilston Kids Care), and Room (Vacation Care or Pupil Free Day)
7. Click on the date in the calendar you require
8. Click book selected day (repeat steps 4 & 5 to book another day)
9. Select Save changes if you want to book in another child, select Save and Exit to finish making a casual booking.
10. To check you bookings you can view the casual booking calendar. Any day that is highlighted purple is booked and confirmed. Any day that is highlighted green is available but not booked. Any day that is highlighted red is at capacity and cannot be booked at this time.If a booking is cancelled on a full capacity day, this place will then become available and the square will turn back to green. .
If you are new to Wilston Kids Care please contact our Admin team to organise your enrolment and orientation before booking into Vacation Care